Friday, April 2, 2010

Reason 456 Why I Love Seattle



Time
: last night, around 11:00 p.m.
Scene: A Citizen Cope concert at The Showbox at the Market.

Girl 1 stands next to girl 2 and waves her hands in the air like she just doesn’t care. Boy 1 (actually only boy in story) turns and begins mocking the dance moves of girl 1.

Girl 1
and girl 2 begin loudly expressing their dismay at boy’s mocking imitation.

Girl 2: oh you have some GREAT moves!

Girl 1 (yells): She was being facetious; do you know what that means?

Boy 1 mocks girl 1 longer then whips around: Oh no the hot girls (points with exaggeration at the girls 1 and 2) don’t like me! Ha! The hot girls: I was being facetious!!

Girl 1 in aside to girl 2: well at least in that context he did use facetious correctly…

Dammit Seattle you’ve ruined me! My book nerd/ word obsessed little heart will never be happy anywhere else now I know there’s a city where people use SAT words to drunkenly insult each other. Buy me a working umbrella, it looks like I'm here for the long haul.

No comments:

Post a Comment