Saturday, April 10, 2010

I heart books


If you’d asked me in elementary school what my favorite subject was my answer would have been S.S.R (that’s silent sustained reading for those of you who didn’t grow up in my time or area) and today my answer would still be the same. I’m a pretty big book nerd in general. I have dreams of someday working in book publishing, like to spend my free time cruising through bookstores and often pepper my speech with phrases like, “that’s like in this one book I’m reading…” So imagine my excitement with this week, and with Seattle in general, as it gives me the chance for two (TWO!) dorky book events. The first was a grown up round of S.S.R at the Sorrento Hotel bar in Capital Hill and the next is today at the Edible Book Festival. Sorrentino offered me the chance to drink wine and read in an organized, silent environment and today lets me eat cake representing book titles. I think I might be in heaven...


image from allposters

No comments:

Post a Comment