Monday, April 5, 2010

A 21 cupcake salute…

Did you know April 4th is the day:

• The U.S flag was designed? (1818)
• Blues singer Muddy Waters was born? (1915)
• Author Maya Angelou was born? (1928)
• NATO was created? (1949)
• Martin Luther King Jr. was killed? (1968)

It’s also the day my favorite older brother was born! (okay so he’s my only brother, older or otherwise). In celebration of the day I made these Guinness cupcakes topped with Bailey’s frosting. The frosting was a little too sweet for my liking, but I’ve taken to eating the left over cupcakes plain and they’re pretty incredible without anything on top.



Contrary to this post title Phil’s a few years past his 21 run, which is weird since I still remember well his sixteenth birthday. I’m not sure what his twenty seventh year holds for him but I found some pretty great examples (minus Jimi’s) of what others have done while twenty seven:
• Charles Schulz first debuted Peanuts.
• Marilyn Monroe married Joe DiMaggio
• Jack London wrote The Call of the Wild
• Jimi Hendrix died from an overdose
• Che Guevara met Fidel Castro
• George Washington married Martha

Happy Birthday!

p.s- I know this is a day late, I’ve been feeling a bit under the weather and wasn’t up to posting yesterday. sorry.

2 comments: