Thursday, March 18, 2010

Big Wheels Keep on Turnin'...



This is my newest instrument of torture. After a run last week made my left knee swell to porportions never before seen on a left knee or any knee for that matter, I've taken to bike riding for some much needed knee rest. The only problems so far: I'm afraid of hills, my quads have not worked this hard since I trained for a half marathon and I have what looks like a small six year old's bike complete with sweet purple and teal colors. So far my solutions are these: I'm working on getting more comfortable going downhill (though I still squeeze the brakes like my life depends on it), I'm working on toning up my quads and I am just accepting the fact I look like I stole a little kids bike (I figure the helmet takes away any dignity I once had anyway).
Today I am proud to announce big news on the bike riding front: I passed my first fellow rider. Granted he was slowing down to answer his cell phone (how this works I doubt I'll ever know) but still, I'm taking it for the victory it was. With my confidence boosted I'm now on to bigger and better things with my eye on someday completing this or this and, as a shout out to my days in Colorado, this

Of course before I complete any of these I should probably start here to look for a bike that doesn't look like I should have an angry first grader chasing after me...

See you in the bike lane!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, your blog has blossomed into a visual delight! Srsly, I love the white background and blue headers. All I think it needs is a beautiful (and atsy) picture of you in the corner so we know who wrote these mini-masterpieces!

    ReplyDelete