Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Why'd you break it down when I'm not in the mood?


The inspiration for my blog name came one night after repeatedly watching the Scissor Sister’s “I don’t feel like dancin” video on youtube. I’m not really sure why; I don’t have any close affinity for this song though it is one that regularly squeezes its way into my subconscious while I’m sleeping, leaving me to wake up and sing it All. Day. Long.
Today though for some reason I’m in a bit of a funk and so it describes my current mood. I feel like a petulant three year old sitting in the corner with my arms crossed, a scowl on my face loudly declaring: “I DON’T feel like dancin’!” (Apparently I’m a three year old in the habit of dropping my G’s.) It’s not a fun place to be on a sunny St. Patty’s day and I’m doing my best to improve my outlook. So far I’ve been listening to Scissor Sister’s on repeat, have made plans to drink wine and eat cookies after work and am staring at this incredible Helen Levitt photo. Things are starting to look up as I write this so I think the next time that old Joanna (whatever that is) plays, I’ll be ready.

2 comments:

  1. Hoping that sunshine, blogs, and $1 PBRs cheered up your mood. Love you - Love the blog!

    And shameless plug: thisisjacksonriley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This picture and you make me happy!

    ReplyDelete